Thursday 7 May 2009

Changes in Sal Project

Sal's Group has changed the idea of there story production. We were gonna have 3D models made in Maya and then have the environment done in a program called View, this was to make the environment realistic. But due to come problems our group is now shorter and have decided to do the whole film in 2D along with my 3D secondary animation models. The film is now a moving image piece. Chris, Sal and Bart have done some practice animatics to show what our new film would look like.
From the animatic the group asked me to finish animating the butterfly and bee, flying in different directions and then add them into the backgrounds on after effects, also they asked if I could animate in 2D a cat walking and jumping into the air. From the animatic you can see what the Sal and Chris wants the cat to do. I might be also animating the drawn birds I have done.



My list from Chris and Sal:


  • Animate Bee

  • Animate Butterfly

  • Animate 2D cat

  • Draw different flowers from a front view

  • Draw individual petals

  • Draw some cat positions

  • Draw birds in different positions

Below are some designs I have done so far from my list:


I want to colour in the birds and add a fur effect on them to make the 2D birds look real. I found the 3D bird I modelled in Maya really hard to texture but because of the change in the design of the film the bird will now be 2D, which I think will be easier for me because I am a strong drawer. By Monday I will have the bee and butterfly animated and then I just have to finish off the cat animation.










No comments: