Friday 17 October 2008

Group's and Ideas

After looking at all the pitches, I want to get into as many groups as possible to have a variety of environments for my show reel.

When I asked my classmates about what their projects entail, the environments they wanted are very similar and I wanted to have loads of different environments to work with. I ended up picking three groups that I could see myself working for to make really good environments designs they are: Sal, Chris and Anna.

I have chosen my main group which is Sal's project because I wanted to have some 2D work as I have not got any 2D work in my show reel. The other two groups have 3D modelling in there projects and I wanted to also to have more 3D work because I am very strong with 3D environments.

Sal sent me an email with the ideas he has for his environments. I then started to design some concept art, which will also help with the development of the storyboards:

Below is the initial outline of what is needed for the environments.
  • Different scenes Hill top + moon and stars
  • Waterfall and river with trees around (water might be created in 3d)
  • Tall trees for sunlight to stream through tree for galuppi to climb, with pigeons nest
  • Tree to peak around
  • Frangipani flower tree
  • Clearing in forest for the courting ritual
  • Two tall trees for the galuppis to leap into montage of deforestation and pollution Forrest shot of dense forest for galuppis to disappear into
  • 2 x environments for galuppis to run through barely being seen,

include water of sorts, think enchanted forest I would like the background to be quite stylised, perhaps ink and watercolour - ref. The Tale of How. This is a good example of how I would like the backgrounds layered. Another good reference is The nightmare Before Christmas although too dark in its colour palette, i quite like the style of the trees. Think about making everything have a dream like quality to them. Try and add lots of little details e.g.toadstools, cobwebs, leaves that can drop to the ground, if everything is created on separate layers then they can be animated in aftereffects. Another good example is the game Little Big Planet. For the skylines digital photography will probably be used.

When Sal gave me the list above I began to look on You Tube For Nightmare Before Christmas and The Tale Of How, both of these films have what Sal is looking. The 2D environment have a mixture of layers to make the 2D environments look 3D or to give it a enchanted dream affect that relates to the poem.







No comments: